How to tell if you’re in over your head on a personal project in a few easy steps
Just ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you 50% or more over your initially planned budget?
- Have you had more than 2 home depot runs in the same weekend?
- Have you said “Fuck it… that’ll do” at any point during the process?
- Have you had to initiate an RFQ process with vendors for custom made parts?
- Have you made the decision that no matter the road block, no matter who you have to kill or whatever the fuck else gets in the way, you’re going to finish what you started no matter how small the damn return?
- Even if it turns out to be a giant turd?
- Or doesn’t?
You’re probably in over your head.
Also. Aguirre: Wrath of God comes to mind right now.